Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sundayyy

WOW!! I cannot believe it is already Sunday! I feel like I have been in the hospital for months now!! (( its really only been just over 2 weeks)) Oh well, Aiden is getting the proper care he needs down here in Cincinnati. Children from all over the world are here getting care. I truely agree that this is the best hospital for a sick child to be at.
We had a great Halloween over all. Aiden was very cranky by the time we left last night. --I stay at the Ronald Mcdonald house at night. He is not used to people being in his room while he is sleeping, so he thinks it is still play time..that makes for ONE CRANKYY BABY in the morning. haha.
I dont expect much more to happen today, with it being Sunday and all. Aiden will do his 4-one hour windows off his bipap today. The doctors will continue to do x-rays to keep a close eye on his lungs. They want to make sure his lungs can tolerate being off the bipap this much.
By the middle of last week, Aiden really started showing his "happy baby" face. He is talking and smiling. I cannot be happier to have my baby back. I swear, when I seen how miserable he was on that ventilator, my heart was broken. I didn't think I could stand to EVER see him like that again. I'm just sooo THANKFUL to kendra for sending us here..SHE saved Aidens life. I hope once I get home, Aiden and I can meet her and Ricky. (( her son has sma 1-just like aiden)).. I think she can really give me useful advice about taking care of Aiden. Her son will be 5 this year, so she has probably been through it all!!! I am hoping to get involved in the SMA community. I think, they are going to be an important part in taking care of Aiden. They have been through all of this that we are doing right now. So they will be able to help guide me in the right path.
I am asking everyone to save there pop tabs for the Ronald Mcdonald house. They have been WONDERFUL to us. They have given us everything we need and more!! I hope once I get home I can volunteer at the Toledo Ronald house. I want to give back to others, the way they have given to us here.
I will probably post another blog later today if we talk to a doctor or if something has changed. Tomorrow is our big meeting with all our doctors so we will know EVERYTHING tomorrow..I will be sure to keep everyone updated!! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment