Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Aidens Surgery

Heyy Everyone!! It's been a really long time since I've posted anything on here!! I am really sorry...it's alot of work taking care of Aidens, working, and having family time :) Its very tiring at the end of the night. Yesterday, we did come back to Cincinnat for his surgery. They wrapped the top of his stomach with his esophagus. This will help reduce the risk of him refluxing his formula. They also changed his feeding tube, to a button. Now it is flat to his skin, it just sticks out a little bit, but he does not have that long tube anymore!!! (( i am verry happy about that, sometimes he would pull on it, or it could get stuck on something..its wayy better this wayy!!)) The surgery went veryy good!! The doctor said he did have some trouble getting the old tube out, but he eventually got it out!! Aiden is very cranky. he is definitely in a lot of pain. They made 3 small incisions in his stomach. They also cut acrost his belly button, and around his feeding tube to make the hole bigger. I think where they cute around his tube is really where it is bother him. They gave him some tylenol and another pain medication so he was doing pretty good when I left the hospital tonight.
When they did the surgery, they had to put him on a ventilator. When they first told me that, I kept crying. For a normal kid, thats fine. They can breath on there own and be fine later. For Aiden, he has respiratory issues as it is, so I try to keep him off oxygen as much as possible. His little body will get lazy and let the ventilator do the work for him, in just a short period of time. This was my biggest worry yesterday and all night.
Today, at 12, they pulled his vent. He is now on high-flow-nasal-cannula, basically its just pushing air into his lungs to make it easier for him to breath. He is doing wonderful with it, although he is working a little harder to breath! You can see it alot in his chest movement. Tomorrow they are going to start using his bipap again. They want his stomach to heal a little before they put to much pressure into his lungs. They also started his feeds back up today, he hasn't ate since 5 am yesterday morning!!! UGhh, that is soo frustrating for me. Aiden only cries when hes hungry and in pain. You can only imagine how cranky he was today being in pain and being hungry!!! He tried to nap from 1-4 pm today, all he did was whine. He is now eating, and getting more pain medication soo tonight he should sleep pretty good!!
I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!!! Spend all the time you can with your family and just be thankful for what you have!! I know this year, I am looking at everything differently!! I have never been able to take help from others very well, now I embrace it and try to just help others in return. I am very thankful for Aiden, Kendra for telling me about Cincinnati, my family, friends, all the support we have, and just having a good life. I have so much to be thankful for. I think of everyone who helps us, and loves us everyday..we really couldn't ask for anything better than that!! Thank youu for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, we will do the same for everyone in return :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment