Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Story From My Pastor

A story my pastor told me the morning after Aiden passed... she had been sitting with him just hours before he passed.

The night Aiden passed, he came to me in a dream. It was exactly like it had been earlier in the night. I was sitting next to Aidens bed, holding his hand and talking to him. (( For all those of you who doesn't know, Aiden had stopped breathing and was without oxygen for so long, he ended up brain dead. At the end, he was vented and there was no brain activity. The doctors told us, they could try one more medication to see if the swelling of the brain would go down. Eventually that night, his levels were out of control, and his heart was over 200 bpm..So to me, aidens mom, I felt like Aiden was telling me that we were done. He was ready to let go, stop fighting, and go to heaven.)) .

In the dream, I was sitting next to him, and he was standing over his body. He looked at me and asked if the baby could get up and play. She simply replied, well he is very sick, and he will not be able to play... Angel Aiden paused for a moment looking at the baby. He finally replied, that's me isn't it? Barbara Jean replied, Why yes Aiden that is you. He stood there for another moment, then turned around, ran into the light... As he ran into the light, he yelled.. it tickles..

The day we were planning Aidens funeral was very stressful on everyone. I thank my pastor for being so supportive because this story got me through many rough, sleepless night. I also thank my family, for always standing behind my decisions on treating aiden for his sickness!!!

Love Sarah
Aidens Mommy

This is on the facebook page of Aiden.. If you'd like to follow his face book page,

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125258280823156&v=wall

I know its been a longgg time since I've posted on this.. I'm hoping now that I'm starting to be able to talk about him without crying, that I will begin sharing stories of him that I cherish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment