Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pulling Aidens Vent

Today, they decided aiden would be ready to pull his vent. So, at about 330 they pulled his vent, put him on some increase bipap setting, and we are hoping for the best. He is having some increase work of breathing, and lower blood gases, but the doctors are still hoping... as well as I am that he is strong enough to be without his vent. My poor baby just cannot catch a break. He is such a trooper, but I think its just not enough for him when I'm not down there with him. He is brave, but has learned the difference between nurses, doctors, respitory therapist, and family. He cries everytime anyone other than family enters the room. Sometimes, he even gives me "the look" to make sure families okay.
He does still loveee his daddy though too!! Once they pulled his vent last time, dada was the first thing that popped out of his mouth!!! I dont really care though, as long as he is happy. The nurses said they are going to keep a close eye on him through the night, and see if he can get his strength up enough to stay on the bipap..
Jeff and I dont really know where we are going to do from here. I always thought about, "what if" the bipap didnt work.. but I am just not ready for that time to come. I just think aiden is to strong, and I dont want a machine to breath for him, especially since I think he is still strong enough to do it on his own. Hopefully, he will have a full 360 by morning. If not, maybe he will do better if im just there. I guess only time will tell :) Thanks again for all the love and support

3 comments:

  1. Please let us know how Aidan is doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while now and just wondered how Aidan was doing? Hope everything is ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aiden's family my heart is so sadden at your loss, we followed your blog and prayed for Aiden and you often.we will continue to lift you up in prayers

    ReplyDelete